Saturday, December 20, 2008

Thoughts for Brazil...

“Love has to do with showing a dying soul the life giving beauty of the glory of God- especially His Grace.” - John Piper

Sweet Family and Friends…

I am truly excited to share with you the news of an upcoming mission to the Amazon River Basin which I will be going on this coming spring. The mission trip will take place from March 7th – 15th during my last college spring break and it is led through a ministry called Amazon Outreach, a non- denominational, non-profit mission organization formed to unite both North and South Americans in spreading the Word of Jesus Christ to the Amazon Basin in Brazil.

Their goal is to see people healed physically and spiritually, while at the same time strengthening and planting new churches along the Amazon River. It is being sponsored through Watermark Community Church in Dallas and SMU’s college ministry, ONE28.

Our time in Brazil will be spent living on a boat that will travel along the Amazon River to different villages each day. We will spend our time ministering in these remote villages, teaching vacation Bible schools, working in men’s and women’s ministries, evangelism and construction.

I truly feel that the Lord desires to bless this trip and the hearts of those that we will encounter through the love and messages that we will be blessed to share. First and foremost, I would truly love your support through prayers about this trip for the lives we will encounter; for the safety of those traveling; as well as for all of hearts that may be changed.

So I would love to talk to you personally about this trip- to share with you my passion and what I believe can be gained from this trip with prayer. I am asking you to be a part of something that is bigger than Claire, bigger than Watermark Church, and bigger than Amazon Outreach- through your prayers, or support or both; to be a part of coming along side me in offering Christ’s love in changing people’s lives for His Kingdom.

I would like to get commitments from at least 30 prayer partners to be praying daily for me, the team and the individuals we will encounter, as well as any financial gifts, which you desire to give. If you can be a prayer partner that week, send me an e-mail, so I can keep you appraised. If you feel led to offer financial support, please mail it to me directly, either in Fredericksburg or Dallas, before February 1st, made out to Amazon Outreach. They require me to raise $3,100 to participate on the trip.

The checks will be completely tax-deductible, but I warn you, you will be subject to updates and photos, maybe even some home movies when I return…and be sure to check in here regularly for as many updates and photo's as I can!!

I truly appreciate your consideration of prayer and support- you have been such a blessing to my life, my walk and my faith. I would love for you to be a part of this last college trip and the blessing of serving others. Please contact me if you have any questions; I’m looking forward to talking to you more about what the Lord just might be doing around the next bend in the river!

In Him,
Claire

No comments: